Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
At this time, due to current COVID-19 concerns in the Multnomah county area, I am recommending that most of my current clients stay telehealth for the time-being. Starting July 2020, assuming that Multnmah county is still in Phase I, reopening, I will begin seeing a few clients in-person, for those we’ve agreed, telehealth is not a good alternative modality. Please speak with me if you are hoping to resume in-person sessions, and we can make a plan together for moving forward.
My office is taking the following precautions to protect my patients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- I am considering the lobby officially closed until the foreseeable future. (This may not be the
- My office has been rearranged to encourage social distancing during session.
- I will keep the window open during sessions, in order to improve air-flow.
- I will wear a mask, and recommend clients wear one too. I will offer a mask to those who do not have one, or wish to use one with a clear panel in front for increased facial visibility.
- I will take your temperature via no-touch thermometer before entering the building and will sanitize the thermometer between each patient.
- I will encourage everyone entering the building to utilize social-distancing when possible.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy room.
- I will schedule appointments at specific intervals to allow time for cleaning and sanitizing in-between sessions.
- I ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside and text me, so I can come outside to greet you at the start of each session. The building will likely be locked at all times to encourage the practice of social distancing in the building and to regulate who can come in and out.
- Credit card pads (my cell phone), pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- I have a cleaning and sanitizing practice in place for all of the toys and materials used during session. Toys will be placed in the “to be cleaned” baskets after use and will not be rotated back in until they have been cleaned and sanitized properly.
- I will encourage clients who wish to utilize the sand tray to sanitized hands before and after use. All sand tray objects that are touched or used, will be cleaned in between sessions.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas and therapy rooms are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.